16th Annual FIT Festival • JULY 11-AUGUST 2, 2014
2014 Call for Submissions
The Bath House Cultural Center and the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs announces an open call for entries for the sixteenth annual Festival of Independent Theatres, opening July 11th, 2014 and running through August 2nd, 2014. Entry qualifiers are as follows:
Download the 2014 FIT Festival Submission Guidelines - PDF file | Word file
• Submitting companies must be independent theatre companies (Producing company must not have ownership or management control of a theatrical performance space, including educational institutions.)
• Organizations must be based or perform the majority of the companies’ performances in Dallas County.
• Scripts must be fifty minutes or less in performance time. (The festival may dismiss a company at any time for production run-time over fifty minutes.)
• Prior productions a company has produced in the past FIVE (5) years will not be accepted. Produced staged readings will be considered as long as not previously produced in a festival format.
• Submissions will be considered on the condition of the script at the time of the submittal deadline.
• Producing companies and their casts must be available for the entire festival run. Deadline for submissions: Friday, February 28th, 2014 by 6 PM. Submissions must be received by the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Submissions may be mailed or hand delivered (during regular business hours) to:
Bath House Cultural Center
Attn: Festival of Independent Theatres
521 E. Lawther Drive Dallas, TX 7521
Electronic Submissions will not be accepted.
More Festival information coming soon!
The four-week one-act play festival features shows that are each less than sixty minutes in length, performed Thursdays through Sundays in two-show blocks. This year’s festival features FIT Underground, with live music and light refreshments available on the shore level of the Bath House Cultural Center, as well as an exhibition honoring the work of celebrated theater set designer Peter Wolfe in the Bath House galleries.
FIT was created in 1999 as an outlet for smaller companies without a permanent performance space to give them an opportunity to produce seldom seen, new, or avant-garde works. FIT exists to promote awareness and growth of Dallas area theatre through collaboration, participation and cultivation.